What have I become…

What have I become…

 

I am bound by the golden chains of servitude and my will is fading quickly like a dry lantern. My spirit was once freedom and speed, but now corrupted to endure the darkness and agony. I was once a dreamer, but now all I am is unrecognizable even to me.

 

I once had inside me the lush green plains of bounty and tranquility. I used the power of darkness to raise vast empires back then. Such was my power and such was my might.

 

Look at me now, the same darkness that I once effortlessly manipulated is consuming me. The same darkness is staining my once mighty world. Dreams and thoughts, I am losing them all. Dreams of freedom are now bound by golden chains of agony and servitude. I cannot bear the weight of this life. Not long from now my songs will disappear from this world.

 

Know this, it is not the songs nor the lores that make me. My presence will endure in the form of winds and whispers. But once the veil of lies fades with me, people will see the fetid pool it was hiding, a lurking place of nightly creatures and mindless monsters. A place of lucid nightmares and endless agony.

 

But know this, even in those places where all the blood and hope drain, you will find shelter. You will not have to endure the nasty stench as others might, you will not have to drown in the noxious swamp as others might. Because at the end of the day, you are the only one who can feel my wind and listen to my whispers.

 

You will have my tales and poems inside you, for it was all made for you and you only. You will have the key to turn the hellish demeanor into the Silver City of celestial glory. You will know how to navigate the quagmire to reach the silver shores. In the Waking World of the Living, I shall hum about all my labor to your tiny ears and teach you the ways of minds and thoughts. I will follow you as the wind and look after your presence. It is the only dream that I pursue these days; for I know I won’t last for much.

 

You will have the wisdom to use my art for the goodness of the world and to light a path. You won’t succumb to darkness as I once did. You have that light inside you, a light of hope and vivid dreams. Dreams so exceptional and exuberant, that they made my eyes wet and made it glow with pride.

 

You are the one thing in my life that I have done right. I have waged many wars and have won most of them. But none of them were deeds of innocent origin. Acts of treachery and diabolic schemes, it was all just a show to serve my ego. The empire of glory was made with wrath. And no one saw it for what it was. But soon, it will all fade by the cruel siege of time and truth.

 

After a thousand nights, when a cool breeze flirts with you, know that it is me looking after you. Know that I will always be there as long as you keep me in your thoughts. You were never my home. Those who live in stone-cold fortresses seldom understand the value of a home. You were never the home that I dreamed of, but you are that one flaming orange daffodil that I kept safe in the center of all those red roses.


Comments

Popular Posts